Mark is Sooke's most experienced and longest running fishing charter operator. He’s been fishing virtually all his life, and guiding in the Strait of Juan de Fuca on Southern Vancouver Island for more than 30 years. He is noted for his ability to catch "Trophy Salmon" and has the knowledge and experience to help you land a big one.
Relax and get away from it all, aboard a 23 ft. Hourston Glascraft.
Fully insured for your comfort and safety. *More photos below.
$80 CDN per hour for the boat, inclusive (not per person)
4 hour minimum
- Families with kids welcome.
- Arrangements can be made for large groups.
- All bait and fishing tackle supplied.
- If you prefer to use your own fishing rod, you’re welcome to bring it along.
- Fishing licenses must be purchased online before you arrive for your charter: www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/sportfish
- Cost for 1 day fishing license: Canadian residents - $12.00
non-Canadian residents - $13.91
- Salmon and Halibut fishing year round
- Arrangements can be made to process your fish and ship anywhere
- Boat is fully insured and licensed and Transport Canada certified
- Provincial CTAG Approved
Mark Grant’s Salmon Charters
Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina
6971 West Coast Rd.
Sooke, British Columbia Canada V9Z 0B2
For more information, or to book a charter, phone or email Mark at:
Sooke is located approximately 40 minutes (by car) west of Victoria on Hwy 14.
View Larger Map
From Downtown Victoria, travel north on Douglas Street/Hwy 1 to Exit 14 Sooke/Langford, stay left and merge onto Veterans Memorial Parkway, turn right onto Sooke Road/Hwy 14 and follow it approximately 22 km to Sooke.
If you are coming from the airport or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, follow the Pat Bay Hwy (Hwy 17) south towards Victoria, take the McKenzie Ave/Hwy 1 (Sooke/Nanaimo) exit and merge onto McKenzie Ave. Turn right at Hwy 1/Trans Canada Hwy North and follow it to Exit 14 Sooke/Langford, stay left and merge onto Veterans Memorial Parkway turn right onto Sooke Road (Hwy 14) and follow it approximately 22 km to Sooke.